Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hymn: Here I Am, Lord

Duration: 01:20 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-18 21:15:15
User: piercetheorganist
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

This is a recording I made of myself playing the hymn "Here I Am Lord". I do take advantage of the fermatas before the refrain. STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not attempting to imply any religious beliefs in my selection of hymns. I am not a Christian. I am a Unitarian-Universalist. For those who don't understand why a non-Christian would play Christian hymns, allow me to answer that question once and for all so that I no longer have to answer you all individually: Hymns are music. You don't have to practice a certain religion to appreciate its music. I grew up around a lot of these tunes, and find them just as catchy as Green Day, Catch 22, Abba, Sugarcult, and a lot of the other stuff I listen to. Thanks for watching!

Comments

GrandeChoeur ::: Favorites  2007-07-20 23:46:38

Is that in the UU hymnal?
__________________________________________________
piercetheorganist ::: Favorites  2007-07-20 23:48:01

No.
__________________________________________________
GrandeChoeur ::: Favorites  2007-07-21 00:50:09

Okay, I didn't think so. I'm Catholic and we sing this, so I was just wondering.
__________________________________________________
piercetheorganist ::: Favorites  2007-07-21 00:51:36

95% of the hymns I play come out of the 1989 edition of the Methodist Hymnal. This one is in there; it's in a number of other denominations' hymnals too.
__________________________________________________
12thLeveIWizardKing ::: Favorites  2007-11-18 01:21:50

Yay, this is one of my favorite hymns! I've been looking for a vid of someone playing it. Great job! Do you happen to have any sheet music for it?
__________________________________________________

No comments: